Monday, January 16, 2012

Faithful

Faithful:
1. Adhering firmly and devotedly, as to a person, cause, or idea; loyal
2. Having or full of faith.
3. Worthy of trust or belief; reliable
4. Consistent with truth or actuality


Faithful. Be faithful. Words we hear so much, we forget what they actually mean. 
The God we serve-- the Creator, the Savior, Provider, Warrior, Prince of Peace-- He is Faithful


Psalm 111:7 "The works of His hands are faithful and just; all His precepts are trustworthy."
II Thessalonians 3:3 "The Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one."
Deuteronomy 7:9 "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations."


God has given me a heart for the children at a tiny refugee camp in Thailand. Before I even met them, I loved them and cried for them and prayed for them. Now they are my family. God was faithful to me-- beyond measure-- during my time at Shekinah Children's Home, and now I choose to be faithful to Him, and to you, my supporters and prayer warriors. You have put your faith in God's call for my life. Though I am weak, God is strong, and I know that what He began in me, He will finish.  
From February 23 to May 14, I will be in Thailand to teach, preach, play and love on these kids that God has given me the privilege of knowing. I have just purchased airplane tickets and things are falling into place. The joy in my heart is starting to make me feel like I am burst with excitement. 
Now I am putting my faith in you, my brothers and sisters. I have enough money to fly over, but not enough for living expenses, luggage, supplies and presents, unexpected expenses (ie bringing kids to the hospital, bribing soldiers, paying for meals, etc.). My banker, aka my mother, is requesting and praying that I can raise $1500. 
There are some changes with this trip that you should be aware of: I am not flying under an organization though I will be in contact with two. Therefore, if you feel called to support me financially, you can send it straight to me. I realize that some people are not comfortable doing this. I understand. Please pray about it and do what you feel God tells you. Most importantly I ask for prayer for me, the kids, the happenings across the border, the teachers who get a break due to my coming, the new people I will meet and make connections with, the problems we will face, the opportunities for growth, etc. 
This is a life-changing opportunity; I pray you share it with me so we can grow in heart together. 


I Samuel 12:24 "Only fear the LORD and serve Him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things He has done for you."


Matthew 25:40 "Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me."


My contact information is: 
Kelsey Erickson
109 Alliance Way
Missoula MT 59803
erickson.kelsey@gmail.com
406 396 2958


Psalm 115:1 "Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!"







2 comments:

  1. Wow! great word. YOUR RIGHT! I do forget what faithfulness actually means, and it is a fruit that God has given me :) I love the pictures, it is such passion for God! I pray now that the Spirit be imparted to You and to the children so that there may be much joy in God and love for others!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited for you and the things God will be doing through you. You are in our thought and prayers -jozie

    ReplyDelete