Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's raining, It's pouring

Hello from Thailand! Sorry I have been delayed in an update, but the weather here has been raining non-stop and I have been unable to get much internet access. But we've got a break today so here I'm going to take advantage!
Thank you all for your prayers as I traveled, all went smoothly! The only problem was when I went through immigration in Bangkok and found out my visa was shorter than what I paid for, but hopefully we can work that out.
One big surprise when I arrived was to find that my Karen adopted father had built me and my friend Ashley (who will return in January) a new hut! This was a blessing to have my own space and place to put the surprising amount of stuff that I've acquired, but also a big expense that I had not planned for.
Like I said, it's been raining alot which makes travel difficult, so most days have been spent organizing and cleaning the house, as well as working on improving Chapoe's English as I try to improve my Karen. Pray that I have the determination and patience to finally learn how to read and write!
I am excited to say that I now have PO Box so if people are interested in sending letters of encouragement or supplies or anything it is now possible to do so. The address is:
Kelsey Elizabeth Erickson
PO Box 27
Tha Song Yang
Tak Province, Thailand
63150

Thank you so much to those who have responded to my plea for help on behalf of my friend Saw Arthur, president of the LMTC (Leadership College) in Mae La Refugee Camp! There is still a need for more supporters so if you would like to help please contact: lmtc_maela@hotmail.com

The Karen Women's Organization has recently talked to me about helping support an elementary Karen school in Burma. There are 60 children mainly under the age of 12 supervised by two Christian teachers, whom I have met. They currently have very little support but are excited for the opportunity to teach Karen and the Bible in Karen state. I will keep you posted as I have more information, but I am excited to meet the students and help in anyway I can!

I'm afraid my time is up but I will try to have more information for you soon! I ask you to continue to pray for me and the Karen! There is much to do and a lot of hope for the future. Pray that I can be a light of hope in the darkness as changes are forming in Burma.

God bless you my brothers and sisters,
Kelsey


No comments:

Post a Comment