Monday, July 2, 2012

Let's Get Down to Business

Ok. So I've been thinking, I've been praying, and this is what is going on:
I want to move to Thailand. God has given me a love for the Karen people. My heart is ready to become one of them-- to fully submerse myself into their culture and lifestyle. I know this is where God has me and for months I have been thinking about all the things I am going to aim for when I come back next year.
But with my Thailand Visa expiring in August, a new idea has come into my head and my heart. After talking it over with my parents and "bosses" we all feel it is the best course of action. I need to return to the U.S. in August.
By returning to America, I can accomplish many things I can't accomplish here.
1) I can get a 1-year Visa. This will allow me to avoid any more trips to Laos every 4 months (each costing $300+) and allow me more freedom and time doing actually ministry.
2) I can meet, thank, and inform all the people who have been supporting me financially and in prayer and answer any questions (hopefully) that you have about what your heart is investing in.
3) I can make a budget and explain needs that I will have. Example: I want to build a bamboo hut to live in (there are a gazillion benefits to this; feel free to ask questions). I need an Ipad to keep people updated (an ipad would allow me to get internet access even at camp). I may need a form of transportation.
4) There may be more people joining the ministry, New Vision For Life, which means my role may change. I have started to get well connected in the area though and would like to continue in outreaching to the surrounding villages as much as possible. My absence will help my "bosses" decide what they want to do with me-- since I'm able to go and do whatever they need.

I'm sure there's more but I'm so excited to "get the ball rolling" that I'm probably leaving stuff out. This place feels like Home. I can't wait to start living like it.

I'm hoping to fly out on August 9 and return in mid-October. Please pray that all the plans and applications, etc., will go smoothly!  And if you have any questions, please ask!

God bless and I'll see you soon!

Kelsey "PawMuWah" Erickson

Questions? Email me:
erickson.kelsey@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment