Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oof

It's our last night it Vietnam. Today we attended a service. What an experience to worship with different languages but to one God. We even sang "How Great Thou Art," my favorite hymn. I am overwhelmed with the love God is pouring on me with His acts and His people.
This afternoon we drove an hour and a half through the countryside (which is so beautiful and green, yet dirty and poor) to view a Vietnam War battlesite, also created by the Communist Party. We saw the craters left behind by the bombs dropped. We also got to crawl through the tunnels that the Vietnamese soldiers used to hide, attack, etc. While crawling through my first tunnel-- which already freaked me out due to its very small size-- a bat flew right by my head, causing me to scream and everyone else to laugh (sigh). Needless to say I was hesitant to crawl through any more after that (I only made it through half of another one once the people in front of me warned there were a couple more).
Tomorrow back to Bangkok to visit an old friend. Should be a good couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment