Monday, December 26, 2011

After talking to Pastor Wes Flint, a team leader of Vision Beyond Borders, I believe we have a plan. If I fly out on February 23rd with a group from VBB, I can be at the camp on February 25th and help out during March and April, pretty much doing the same thing I did last year. However, once April rolls around, I am hoping to stay for a few more months so I can help the woman who runs the camp with all of her many duties. Not only does this woman support the Children's home I work at, she spend at least 5 days a week traveling around Thailand bringing food and supplies to dozens of oppressed Burmese tribes. Last time I was there, she expressed a need for help and I would love to give it. 
In the future, I would like to move to Asia permanently in order to work with women in the red-light district.  Thailand is one of the leading places for prostitution (especially child prostitution). There are alot of organizations that have beauty shops that double as chrildren's homes. At these shops, they are able to create relationships with the women, take care of children while their mom's work, and, hopefully, teach them how to do hair and nails so they can be employed at the shop. For those who do not know, God has given me a bit of a knack with hair and I would be honored to be able to put it to use in this way. While I am spending this 5-6 months in Thailand, I hope to make some connections with people already doing this. Prayers that I can gain knowledge and connections would be GREATLY appreciated! 
A few things are going to be different from last time; I will be going under the organization Christian Far East Ministries instead of Vision Beyond Borders, since they are more set up for longer ministry. Also, I will be applying for a 6 month visa instead of a 60 day. I can get airline tickets for only about $1700 but will need about $200 a month for living expenses. I am trying to put at least $100-200 out of each paycheck towards this so I really think I will need about $1700 in support. 
Prayer Request: My little sister is getting married on January 31st, and I am unable to start anything until that is over, which means the next month and a half will be a bit stressful trying to get everything done in time. Please pray for peace of mind and finances to be provided. I know God has everything in His hand and control and this is so so small (even though it can seem huge to me). 
Thank you all SO MUCH for your prayers!! I cannot wait to share this next adventure with you! 
God bless you,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment