Monday, December 12, 2011

I'm Alive

Last week sometime I was filling up my ever-emptying gas tank. Don't tell my mother, but I still occasionally open my car door while filling up to put my wallet away-- despite the risk of blowing up my car. I did just that but was struck with a revelation. My car didn't blow up. I didn't die. I was alive. This may seem fairly obvious, considering I'm sitting here writing this now, but let's stop and think about. I could have died. But I didn't. Why? What purpose did I have left on this earth that kept me from dying in an unfortunate car-blowing up accident? 
It was then that I heard God speak plain as day to the depths of my heart. There are a million opportunities for me to die each DAY- a million freak things that could happen that could end my life. BUT none of them had happened. God was protecting me for a PURPOSE. Every day that I'm alive, that I survive, God has something in store for me-- EVERY DAY. Whether, I'm at home, church, work, the bowling alley, etc., everywhere I go, the fact that I'm there means that God is giving me an opportunity to glorify and serve Him there. Everywhere. Every time. Every person. Every place. Every breath that I breathe is a gift from God-- given that I can serve Him. What an honor.
This may be something most people have figured out a long time ago, but for me, it brought hope and joy and fear and adoration. That God would continually choose to use a fool like me blows my mind. My heart is overflowing with the love Jesus is extending to me-- the grace that I do not deserve. What an amazing God. I choose to surrender my life to Him and Him alone and never take this life for granted. It is not my to waste on selfishness acts and foolish behavior. 
Use me Lord. 

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.

Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold; 
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my love, my God, I pour
At Thy feet it's treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 
II Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment