Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Update

First of all, I have a praise! We had some trouble with my Visa-- a few miscommunications and signing things wrong but thanks to the Grace of God all has been worked out and I will have it back before March 9th so I can still travel over with the team of people and not have to fly by myself. Hallelujah!

Second, I have an update. I just talked to my team leader, and he said that my contact in Chiang Mai is going to be extremely busy and unable to meet me. After talking, they decided that it would be hard for me to enter the camps before March 17 and asked if I could accompany the rest of the team for one week in Southeast Asia. They are really encouraging me to join them as they carry Bibles and supplies to Christians in these communist countries. I myself will not be bringing anything across, but could still experience Christian life, community, and church in these other countries. The biggest obstacle in this is the cost. It will mean close to another $1000 dollars in airfare.

Though my main goal and purpose is to get to the refugee camps, this new possibility is bittersweet. I would love to be able to join others in bringing Bibles to those who have never had one. What a precious gift that I so often take for a granted. It makes me sad to have a week's time taken off of my time with the kids, but I know that God is in control and I am trusting His plan. Considering tomorrow is the day I am scheduled to get my international shots, I am amazed at God's timing. I would appreciate you prayers tonight and these next few days as I adjust to this sudden change of plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment